Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 3rd, 2015

Hey my awesome family it sounds like yall had quite the week again this week!! Thanks so much for the package it is awesome! I didn't share my cinnamon rolls very well with people...they were awesome haha but I have been sharing quotes from my awesome quote book! This week has been quite the adventure! I finally ate alligator!! It was cut up into pieces and fried and it was awesome. I feel like I am a real Louisiana missionary now that I have finally eaten gator. We went on Exchanges with some missionaries down in Eunice and this excommunicated member that we are really good friends with gave us a ride so we could save some miles. His name is Drake Vermillion, he is super awesome but he talks like nobody's business it is crazy! He talked the whole way up and back and he kept pulling over to check his phone and to buy a watermelon and then I asked him what a rice plant looked like so he pulled over into someones field and yanked one out to show me hahaha I love Louisiana so much! Yesterday at church we had an investigator come to church, his name is Terrell and he is a big black guy. Anyway we only have one other black person in our ward and she wasn't there so he got up to bare his Testimony and I was terrified, we have only taught him like 3 times and he is a little bit on the crazy side so I was praying that we could keep things under control but he got up there and preached like was made for it. He was cracking jokes and talking some smack on me and my companion and he wouldn't sit down haha so finally with a lot of silent prayers offed be me and probably others he started to wrap things up, but he didn't know how to close it so he just said yall say a prayer with me so he bowed his head and said the lords prayers and the rest of the ward was really good sports about it. and then he turned around and shook everyone in the bishoprics hand and then sat down hahah it was awesome. Only in Louisiana I hope yall have an awesome week!!! I love you so much!! 1 year down and 1 to go! Love Mud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment